A doctor is practicing medicine. A lawyer is practicing law. Well, I’m practicing IT!
I’m Kelvin Tran. I’m a high school student and an IT specialist. My specializations are in network and systems administration but I am constantly looking to expand my IT skillset. I started this blog in order to detail my extensive experiences with the IT-related projects that I complete in order to learn how to implement certain technologies, both so that future me can use it and for anyone else trying to do the same thing who may find something useful in a particular post or who can suggest a better way I can do something. As a student, I must be and I am constantly open to suggestion on how something I can do can be made more efficient.
I LOVE Information Technology. It is absolutely my pride and joy to sit down and experiment with a certain new technology or platform or finding new ways to implement technologies I thought I already knew. I am super excited to share my experiences with the world and I hope that you’re just as excited to read them as I am to share them.
- LinkedIn Link: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tran-kelvin
- Please note that as of now, you may be required to provide LinkedIn credentials to view this profile. If you don’t have a LinkedIn account, you may be required to create one before you will be allowed to view.
CompTIA IT Operations Specialist (CIOS) (Stackable Cert)
CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CSIS) (Stackable Cert)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2016
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): Routing and Switching
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP): Routing and Switching
- TestOut Corporation – Certifications
- PC Pro
- Network Pro
- Security Pro
- Server Pro Install and Storage
- Server Pro Networking
- Server Pro Identity
- Switching Pro
- Routing Pro
Certifications Planned + Exam Breakdown
HNS – have not started
IP – in progress
C – completed
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Core Infrastructure
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Enterprise, Concentration in Design (ENSLD)